Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bicycles everywhere!!!

First thing I noticed upon arriving in the Netherlands. I knew this was a country known for being bike crazy, but they are REALLY BICYCLE CRAZY. And by that I also mean, they are crazy on their bicycles- as in constantly having to dodge them so as not to be run over. Although that may just be the tourists. Amsterdam is the only place I've been that had tri-level parking garages entirely devoted to bicycles. Amazing.

I know you want to hear all about the coffee shops and the Red Light District, but I'm just going to keep you wondering...

We went on a lovely canal boat, took an informative tour of the city, visited numerous monuments, and spent some time in the Anne Frank house. It was also extremely nice to just roam around the city, crossing bridges, walking alongside canals. So pretty!

And yes, of course we partied. How could you spend a weekend in Amsterdam and not?

No comments:

Post a Comment