Thursday, June 21, 2012

Voila!

Everyone says that in France. And "bon appetit." Really. After Barcelona we returned to France (this time the south) and I was given another chance to work on my French. I nearly got through the entire sentence "I would like stamps for 6 postcards to the United States," but I pronounced the word for "stamps" so horribly I resorted to pointing to the little rectangle in the corner of the postcard with a look of desperation on my face. The man helping me shook his head and smiled. The word for "stamp" is hard to say!

We stayed in a small city called Aix en Provence and derived a good deal of enjoyment from just roaming the streets. There was something so beautiful about the way the sunlight struck the buildings. There were also some 200 fountains or so which were fun to discover.

We did take one day trip out to the seaside town of Cassis. I feel silly because all I do is talk about how beautiful everything is... But it is! Lizzie and I were mesmerized merely by the color of the water (check out the pictures, you'll see). We also got to share the beach with some nude sunbathers (no pictures sorry, although you wouldn't want to see them anyway). We hiked down a trail called Le Petit Prince and came across a giant copy of the book!! No, I kid! But we actually did go to a library to check out (no pun intended) a giant copy of Le Petit Prince.

On our last night we went out to watch European football at a bar (Lizzie got really into it) and enjoyed one last glass of French wine. Au revoir France!

No comments:

Post a Comment