Saturday, May 26, 2012

Iconic Sights

This was a super touristy day. We attended a 2.5 hour walking tour snapping photos of all the London-y things. Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, The National Gallery, Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey. The list goes on. When we visited a palace guard even Dora couldn't get him to crack a smile. One of my favorite things was the horse crossing traffic signal. And the beauty of all the buildings took my breath away. You can't really imagine what it's like to stand in the shadow of Westminster Abbey until you are... and then all you can really manage to say is "whoa."

(I still don't know how to put my pictures in order or add captions. But when I do this blog will be AMAZING.)

We went to the Tate Modern, saw some art I didn't understand and then ended the day on an absolutely wonderful note by having a delightful dinner with some of Lizzie's cousins she had never met before.

1 comment:

  1. I read the title as "Ironic Sights" and thought, how are any of these ironic? Then I read the title again. I can't read.

    ReplyDelete