Friday, May 25, 2012

Tzfat, Jordan River Rafting and Home Hospitality

In Tzfat we learned a little bit about Kabbalah, and visited a number of very small, interesting synagogues that were like nothing I had ever seen before (after playing on a playground, of course). We then went to an impressive candle store to fraternize with some delightful wax companions. Finally we spent some time in the artist's market where a man repeatedly came up to me trying to sell me a necklace. "I give you very good price. Very good price." I admired his persistence and after he threw in a free ring I decided to just go for it. After this we went for a delightful lazy rafting ride down the Jordan River (although for those who couldn't steer it was more like a pinball game, or...just swimming...). The evening ended with a visit to each of our Israeli friends houses to enjoy their hospitality and some really good food! This night at their homes, with their families, (and let me repeat, GOOD FOOD) was definitely a highlight of the entire trip.

1 comment: